Monday 22 June 2009

Mandemakers Stadion (RKC Waalwijk v Roda JC)

Pitch invasion after RKC Waalwijk v Roda JC (4-1).

Had Roda won they would have finished the league in 3rd place, meaning Champions League qualifiers. It started off well with Bob Peeters scoring for Roda after only 14 minutes but it was not to be. Roda finished in 5th place and we 'only' managed to qualify for the UEFA Cup. How I long for those days!

Like all of the other older pictures on this site I had to scan this one hastily at my parents' when I was over for a weekend because I do not own a scanner myself. I do however have more pictures of this trip and I am hoping to put them on the site on a later date.


Sunday 23rd May 1999
Eredivisie
RKC Waalwijk 4 Roda JC 1
RKC Waalwijk: Govedarica 42. Lankohr 52 pen. Govedarica 85. Heesakkers 88.
Roda JC: Peeters 14.
Att: 6,200

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stair Park (Stranraer v East Stirlingshire)

I have to admit, I have not been at that many football games lately. One of the reasons is that last season I started following new ice hoc...