Sunday 15 August 2010

Saracen Park (Ashfield)

After the Glasgow Perthshire v Ashfield game at Keppoch Park yesterday I decided to have a look at Saracen Park next door, home of Scottish junior club Ashfield FC, who currently play in the second tier of the SJFA West Region. Saracen Park, located in Possilpark in the north of Glasgow, has a capacity of 3,500 according to Wikipedia and is one of the few junior grounds with a grandstand. The ground is shared with the Glasgow Tigers speedway team. The need to fit the speedway track inside the stadium is also the reason why the pitch has a width of only 50 yards.

Luckily one of the gates was open yesterday and I was able to sneak inside for a few pictures. I will come back soon to see an Ashfield home game at Saracen Park.


The entrance to Saracen Park.


And there we see an open door!


Terracing behind the goal.


The speedway track used by the Glasgow Tigers.


The grandstand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stair Park (Stranraer v East Stirlingshire)

I have to admit, I have not been at that many football games lately. One of the reasons is that last season I started following new ice hoc...