Saturday 20 March 2010

Grant Street Park (Clachnacuddin)

Today I was in Dingwall for the Highland derby between Ross County and Inverness Caledonian Thistle. On the way back I had to wait in Inverness for 90 minutes for the connecting train to Perth, where I would have to change again for Glasgow. I had planned to make good use of the time and walked up to Grant Street Park, home of Highland Football League side Clachnacuddin, to take a few pictures.

Grant Street Park is only a short walk from Inverness railway station. Clachnacuddin were founded in 1886. The Clach's ground opened a year later and has a current capacity of 3,000. The small main stand has 154 seats (according to Wikipedia, I have not counted them). The Lilywhites have won the Highland League no less than 18 times.


The turnstiles.


The roofed terrace.


The club buildings, including the turnstiles, at the other end.


The main stand.


Again the main stand.


I then had just enough time to visit a 'new' Wetherspoon's pub, the King's Highway in Church Street before I took the 18:43 train to Perth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stair Park (Stranraer v East Stirlingshire)

I have to admit, I have not been at that many football games lately. One of the reasons is that last season I started following new ice hoc...