Saturday 13 February 2010

Love Street (or what's left of it...)

No football games this Valentine's weekend (I have got my priorities...) however I walked down to Love Street after I bought my ticket for this Wednesday's Scottish Cup replay at Ibrox. Although I live only about a 15-20 minute walk away I only pass the old St Mirren ground when I go to or travel from Glasgow Airport so I was curious to see what was left of the ground the Saints had called their home for about 115 years.

For pictures of the last home game at Love Street see this post. For pictures taken in March 2010 see this post, for photos taken in July 2010 see this post.


Still one pylon left however without its lights.


The North Bank is missing its roof now.


The West Stand looks still rather intact from the side.


The North Bank roof structure.


The old turnstiles at the Love Street end.


The ticket office.


Not much left of the East Stand either.


And this is the saddest picture of them all. The beautiful Main Stand has disappeared. You can see that the West Stand is being dismantled as well.

4 comments:

  1. Very sad pictures I hate seeing old grounds being ripped apart.
    Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate seeing old grounds left in that state have many good memories of great days out at Love Street

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old grounds never die... They just fade away...

    ReplyDelete
  4. as much as a morton fan can hate 'them', its sad to see whats left of this. used to love going to derby games there, good day out.

    ReplyDelete

Stair Park (Stranraer v East Stirlingshire)

I have to admit, I have not been at that many football games lately. One of the reasons is that last season I started following new ice hoc...