Thursday 25 June 2009

Bloomfield Road (2006 Northern Rail Cup Final)

No football match for a change but a rugby game match, a rugby league match even, which was played in what is usually the home of Blackpool FC. My first encounter with rugby league was not planned but I found out there was a rugby cup final during our annual family weekend in Blackpool. I have to say I enjoyed it thoroughly. A fast-paced and close match with a well-behaved partisan crowd. Leigh Centurions won the Northern Rail Cup by beating Hull Kingston Rovers 22-18 after an impressive comeback.


The North Stand.


When I visited the stadium there was no South Stand. The South Stand is being built at the moment and you can check the progress here.


The temporary East Stand.


Our seats where on what was then called the Pricesbusters West Stand.


Both teams coming onto the pitch.


Leigh Centurions, 2006 Northern Rail Cup Winners.


16th July 2006
Northern Rail Cup Final
Leigh Centurions 22 Hull Kingston Rovers 18
Att: 7,547

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stair Park (Stranraer v East Stirlingshire)

I have to admit, I have not been at that many football games lately. One of the reasons is that last season I started following new ice hoc...